P14

This is the forum to discuss your classic US military rifles from the beginning of the age of smokeless powder through WWII.
dhtaxi

P14

Post by dhtaxi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:10 pm

I recently acquired a P14 its a bit scruffy but it was cheap. I can not get the bolt out of it. If I remember right all you need to do is move the spring loaded stop on the left out of the way and it should come out. Or am I missing something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: P14

Post by Niner » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:57 pm

"Open the bolt, and pull the bolt stop outward, holding it out while removing the bolt toward the rear".

Hard to believe... somebody besides Duncan and Miller Tyme has actually added to his collection this year. Congrats. :bigsmile:
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:35 pm

I think I know what the problem. Its a machining jobby. I should be able to sort it out easily enough.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:55 pm

I finally got the bolt out. I fitted a Parker Hale rear sight to the rifle in place of the original leaf sight when I first acquired the rifle. The problem is with the sight in place the tension on the bolt release leaf spring is to great so you can not remove the bolt. I have stripped the sight off and removed the spring loaded bolt stop. I believe I can fix it but I have other things on my mind at the moment my lathe has blown up for the third time to day. F**king Chinese shite
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:30 am

Aw SHI :shock: :shock:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.