Gibbs 03A4

This is the forum to discuss your classic US military rifles from the beginning of the age of smokeless powder through WWII.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Gibbs 03A4

Post by Miller Tyme » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Always wanted to shoot a 03A4, but original models are 5 Large and up so I went looking for a Gibbs and picked up this one with a M84 scope on it. Looking forward to some range time with it this week.
9.png
5.png
7.png
8.png
1.png
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Gibbs 03A4

Post by Niner » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 pm

Looks good. The Gibbs rifles were a mystery to some degree...at least to me. They used original bolts and some original parts...but not the barrel. Some may have been import that were rebuilt in company with Old Western Scrounger. There was a Midland source as an evolved Parker Hale that made Springfield 03 sporting rifles sold directly by Gibbs. Aim Surplus sold some similar military versions that they got from Gibbs that showed no Gibbs connection and maybe some more that didn't come from Gibbs.

http://www.gibbsrifle.com/1903-a4_sniper_rifle_.html

It may be collectible as just a mystery like a lot of Gibbs produced franken rifles....like the 2A #1 Tanker or the #7 jungle carbine.
NuJudge
Contributing Member

I have one put together by Rock Ridge Machine

Post by NuJudge » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:50 am

I have one that I am told was put together by Rock Ridge Machine of Pennsylvania, and sold to me by Creedmoor. Cosmetically, it is a beautiful rifle, but it has an appallingly bad trigger.