Berreta Garand?

This is the forum to discuss your classic US military rifles from the beginning of the age of smokeless powder through WWII.
oneshooter
Regular visitor

Berreta Garand?

Post by oneshooter » Thu May 06, 2010 5:01 pm

A lady friend of mine is selling her late fathers collection. I went to her home and looked at them today. There was a M1 Garand , Danish marked on the reciever, however the reciever is not marked on the right side as a Breda made. Instead it is marked on the right side, below the woodline with a PB over D6528201. Many parts, trigger group,reciever and gas block are marked PB. The barrel is marked B.Sid 1954 with a crown over PB.
Is this a Beretta made Garand? Some of the parts, like the bolt are marked BMB, which I understand is a Breda mark.

Any info would be appreciated, as this rifle will be sold soon.

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas :TX:
'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem' --
- Ronald Reagan-
------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS is my RIFLE
THIS is my GUN
THIS is for KILLING
THIS is for FUN!
WyrTwister

Re: Berreta Garand?

Post by WyrTwister » Mon May 17, 2010 1:32 pm

oneshooter wrote:A lady friend of mine is selling her late fathers collection. I went to her home and looked at them today. There was a M1 Garand , Danish marked on the reciever, however the reciever is not marked on the right side as a Breda made. Instead it is marked on the right side, below the woodline with a PB over D6528201. Many parts, trigger group,reciever and gas block are marked PB. The barrel is marked B.Sid 1954 with a crown over PB.
Is this a Beretta made Garand? Some of the parts, like the bolt are marked BMB, which I understand is a Breda mark.

Any info would be appreciated, as this rifle will be sold soon.

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas :TX:
:salute:

PB / Pietro Beretta and Breda ( Italian ) both made rifles and / or parts . Their quality is considered to be at least as high a quality as Springfield .

God bless
Wyr

:salute: