Danish GV/50 Garand

This is the forum to discuss your classic US military rifles from the beginning of the age of smokeless powder through WWII.
Niner
Site Admin

Danish GV/50 Garand

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:00 pm

I was out looking for this years edition of Surplus rifles when I found this magazine on the rack. I'd seen it before and even had bought a copy or two in years past, but it's not real focused for my needs and mostly high end collector advertisement in the 70 or so pages. However, there is an article on the Danish Garands that the US government lent Denmark after WWII in the current issue. I picked up a copy since I have one of the rifles that were returned to the US and I bought through the CMP. Goes into some detail about the numbers and parts and various details about the history and later collector interest. If you got one of the 20,000 that were sold by the CMP, or maybe one of the other 40 something thousand other functional or parts guns sent to Canada, Germany, Switzerland and also sold through various US outlets by way of Topmark Trading, you might want to drop by a Books-a-million or other such book store and see if you want to lay out the $5.95 for the magazine. By the way, there is a short piece on Enfield sniper rifles in it as well.
Attachments
Arms for the Gun Collector.jpg
Marks showing Denmark and the rebarrel date.  The VAR arsenal barrels are first rate.
Marks showing Denmark and the rebarrel date. The VAR arsenal barrels are first rate.