My first Arisaka

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

Niner
Site Admin

Re: My first Arisaka

Post by Niner » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:41 am

Nick, I had the same kind of thoughts for a long time. Then I read a few books and it finally sunk in that reloading was just a case of learning about the tools and following directions. You do have to pay attention to what you are doing for sure, but it's like making a meal from a recipe more than rocket science.

If you want to look into it as a matter of curiosity, and to get a grasp on the actual difficulty level, get a book like The ABC's of Reloading. It walks you through the tools and the process. Then get a book like Modern Reloading by Richard Lee. It gives you the details about powder choices and weights and overall lengths and different bullet shapes, etc, for each caliber you want to deal with. And, since there are lots of powder choices, there are more than a few different reloading recipe books too.
Attachments
DSC04149.jpg
DSC04150.jpg
DSC04151.jpg
dhtaxi

Re: My first Arisaka

Post by dhtaxi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:02 pm

The Lyman reloading manuals are pretty good you can usually pick up second hand copies cheaply. If I can do it Nick I'm sure you can. I love it reloading is a hobby in itself and highly addictive.