Merry Christmas

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

riceone
Contributing Member

Merry Christmas

Post by riceone » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:53 pm

Day after tomorrow I will have been married 51 years to the same woman. We've been blessed with good children and grand children. I have plenty to eat and a warm house to stay in. I can remember very well when that was not so. I can remember no presents for Christmas and no extra food, just same as any other day. How wonderful to live in a country that you have the oppertunity to do better if you will work. The older I get the more I think about people, especially the old, who have been run from their homes because of war and greed for power of men.

Merry Christmas to All. riceone.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:14 pm

Happy anniversary Riceone. Today marks the 37th anniversary of my wife and I being married. Just came back from a good meal at Outback. My daughter and son and daughter-inlaw joined us.

There were some tough times over the years in our lives too, but I'm thankful we always had food enough and a roof over our heads in a house that was at least warm. Presents might have been few and cheap at Christmas sometimes, but there were always some presents and joy and laughter.

Some of the people that I've known that loved Christmas most are now passed on but I remember them with a smile this time of year because they did love Christmas and did enjoy it even when they themselves had very little money to be merry with.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:57 am

Wow, Dec must be the long marriage month, my wffe and I had our 39th anniversary on the 7th of this month.

Happy Anniversary to both of you and your spouses.

Yes, I remember some very lean years at our house, but we survived it all.

Merry Christmas from my house to yours.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
riceone
Contributing Member

Post by riceone » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 am

Young couple we go to church with was married last Saturday night the 15th. Several weeks back I was talking to them and said that Marjory and I were married on Friday night December 21, and then I said you do know what Dec. 21's is. Their reply was no. I smiled and said .... the longeeeessssstttt night in the year. They got the point and grinned back. Young folks think we have always been old. riceone.
PeterN2

A long way to go

Post by PeterN2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Congratulations. I have along way to go to catch up with you long timers. I have been married 21 years last August 30th. I was late into the married state as I was nearly 36 before I got married.

Regards

Peter
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

CONGRATS!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:46 am

We had our 30th anniversary last month although my wife had been married for 15 years before we met! Must be something in it :lol: :lol:

I said I only got married so I could tell 'Mother-in-Law' jokes! :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.