Arisaka T99 intermediate rifle

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

drpoulos

Postby drpoulos » Sun May 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Peter,

I finally cleaned it up.

I am waiting on a repo cleaning rod and that will have to do until I can find an original that's correct for this rifle.

It is all Toyo Kogyo, however the TK bolt matches itself and not the receiver.

I love the color of the wood.

Regards,

Steve

PeterN2

Nice rifle

Postby PeterN2 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:38 am

That looks like a nice rifle, mummed as well. Are you taking it to the range?

Regards

peter
drpoulos

Postby drpoulos » Mon May 26, 2008 11:09 am

Peter,

I'm sure I will eventually take it down to my club.

Unfortunately, the ammo is expensive and the trigger pull on this rifle is terrible. With a little stoning, polishing and lubrication, I'm sure I can remedy that problem, but that would require breaking all of the staked action screws.

I normally shoot my M1's and 03's that have wonderful triggers for a little friendly competition and I reload .30-06 and .308, so I guess I could pick up some 7x7 JAP dies.

I always said that I would not purchase a rifle that I didn’t shoot, but I might have come close this time.

I think I bought this rifle more for its aesthetics then for its potential performance on the range. There is some thing beautiful about the design of theses rifles. They have a balance of rough and smooth parts that make you want to have one; like a well crafted piece of antique furniture. I've bought three now and I still haven't shot one yet.

After a little historical research, I bought the first two as Christmas presents for my sons. I liked the look and the feel of these rifles so much that I bought one for myself.

Weird huh?

Regards,

Steve
drpoulos

Postby drpoulos » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:15 pm

PeterN2

I had mine at the range yesterday

Postby PeterN2 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:16 pm

I shot it at 300 yards resting on my range bag. Mine shoots a bit to the right. I had the rear sight up, however, it shot a bit low at the lowest setting and a bit high on the next notch up. I will have a go at 200 yards next time out. The trigger pull is quite heavy but not too off-putting. I enjoyed putting a few rounds through the rifle and am glad I got it.

Regards

Peter..

Return to “Asian Firearms”