SEMCA 2009

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

riceone
Contributing Member

Re: SEMCA 2010

Post by riceone » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I bought my first Japanese rifle in the fall of 1950. From then untill the early 90's I just gathered what I could find of any and all rifles of WW2. Got on the internet and found out there were actually people out there that thought highly of Japanese rifles and had collections. In 2005 I went to the Blevins Shoot Out and met a man with over 600 Japanese rifles. I met Doss White, Trey Stansil, Mosk, Shannon Zigler and others I can't remember. Then in December of that year I went to the gun show In Pheonix and met about 20 Banzai members. That was a high point of my life. Then in the spring of 2006 Doss and I came up with the idea for the meeting that became know as SEMCA, held here at my farm show in Cleveland the following first weekend in February. This meeting is a fitting ending for a life time of enjoying Japanese rifles. I have been fortunate in being able to assemble some very rare and very nice rifles and a lot of really nice friends. Friends and fellow collectors are what its all about. The guns are just the vehicle that brings us all together. Not many people here in town know of the meeting, a few come by personal invitation, but its open to all my collecting friends. See you next Friday. roy