T 99......

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

chucksniper

T 99......

Post by chucksniper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 am

Hi All,

I just aquired a T 99,series 22, # 11, 210. For the most part, it's in tact. Actually it's in very good shape. It has a partial mum. I haven't shot it yet but one of these days.

The front site guard was busted off on one side, so I bought another one

from Numrich Gun Parts in NY. Also the aircraft guides too. The pin seems nearly impossible to drive out of the front sight, so I think I'll just

cut off the old one with a dremmel and replace the pin, unless yall have a better suggestion

The firing pin looks like it's been messed with and been dry fired too much. So I relaced it with another firing pin I had from another bolt.BTW the springs were different lengths.

.One problem that bugs me is the ejector hangs up and prevents the empty not to clear the reciever. I noticed the mount on the reciever

is a little worn and causes the ejector to hang up, I also replace the

spring that's part of the bolt release. The ejector releases fine before

mounted on receiver. I take it the ejector only fits in one way.

One other thing why is the top tang seperate from the reciever?

speed production?

I also have a bayonet and scabbard from T38 I had got rid of. The 38 had an intact MUM which someone scarfed up fom the gun shop I traded

it with along the rest of my milsurps. OK.. :razz: I needed a deer rifle.

And I was short on bread. :oops:

One thing I would like to fix before restoring is the bolt handle,

which is heavily pitted. I suppose that would explain getting rid of

my other rifles, hence changing my handle from milboltnut to chucksniper

which derived form my great shooting Savage 11 .243. I think it was worth it.

Any how thanks in advance for any help, and letting me babble. I don't usually babble on like this.
Rightousness exalteth a nation but sin is a reproach to any people. Psalms 14:34

"It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."~Patrick Henry~
chucksniper

Arsenal

Post by chucksniper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:53 am

Kokura
Rightousness exalteth a nation but sin is a reproach to any people. Psalms 14:34

"It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."~Patrick Henry~
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Welcome to the site. Riceone is the one who can answer technical questions. I have a few Arisaka rifles but only shoot and clean them. I like them.

Regards

Peter.
chucksniper

thank you for the welcome

Post by chucksniper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Yeah I already e-mailed riceone1 hopefully he can help, it seems he can.