T99 front sight

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

chucksniper

T99 front sight

Post by chucksniper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:01 am

I bought a front sight post for my 99. I noticed that the main base isn't as high as the original also the hole the pin goes through isn't as big as

the original. Also there's a notch on the face of it. And the original one doesn't have one.

It doesn't look like it'll mount up.
Rightousness exalteth a nation but sin is a reproach to any people. Psalms 14:34

"It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."~Patrick Henry~
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 pm

I don't know the answer to your front sight problem, but someone will.

Regards

Peter.
riceone
Contributing Member

Post by riceone » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Chuck, the holes in T99 front sights is a tapered hole. So variring diameters are the norm. When I put on a front sight I get a peice of welding rod about the size of the old pin or a little larger. Cut off a 2" peice and spin in a drill and file the pin for a little taper. Drive it in from the left side up tight. Not too tight or you will bust the boottom band on the sight. Cut both sides off and leave just enough to brad on both sides. Then file and sand smooth. A little cold blue and you are good. roy
chucksniper

thanks roy.....

Post by chucksniper » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:27 am

I have to get the right sight first.... Numrich gave me the wrong sight.

I contacted a couple of fellas by Trey Stencil from Castle thunder site. Guy named MACguns and another Don Voit... haven't heard

back from them yet..... sounds like Don might have one. He needed

the series and seiral #'s.... 22 and 11, 210.
Rightousness exalteth a nation but sin is a reproach to any people. Psalms 14:34

"It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."~Patrick Henry~