Picked up two rifles today.

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

Candyman
Contributing Member

Picked up two rifles today.

Post by Candyman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 pm

A friend gave a guy my phone # and he called last night. The guy said he had two old military rifles of some kind, said that the markings looked Chinese.
He said he got them with some stuff he bought and did not want them. He said that he didn't have much tied up in the two rifles and the pawn shops would not give him anything for them
He said he would bring them to the house around 4pm today for me to look..
Well I met him outside when he drove up. He pointed to the rifles in the bed of his truck. I told hin that they were Japanese, but was not sure what model they were.
We shot the bull for a while and then got back to the rifles. I do have to say that they are in pertty bad shape. We came to a price that we both thought was fair and now I have two more rifles.
Here is the first one.

And here is the second rifle.

Any help on the rifles would be great. I don't know if they are worth restoring.
Candyman
Contributing Member

Re: Picked up two rifles today.

Post by Candyman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 pm

I found out that the first rifle is a smooth bore trainer and the 2nd is a T35.
PeterN2

Re: Picked up two rifles today.

Post by PeterN2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Well, they have seen better days. I understand the smooth bore trainers were only meant to fire blank ammo and tend to blow up if live rounds are fired. I think I would clean them up and keep them as curios and relics and not fire them if I had them. Nice pieces of history, though.
Regards
Peter.