DUNCAN'S DRY JANUARY.....................

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

DUNCAN'S DRY JANUARY.....................

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Duncan is not going to drink ANY alcohol from 00:01 on January 1st 2015 until 00:01 February 1st 2015...............WHAT!
Yes, that is my aim and to help alleviate the suffering that will be experienced I am open to donations which will be given to the Royal British Legion, Bordeaux Region and SSAFA France.
Donations will be divided equally between the two charities unless you state a preference. The more you donate the better I will feel!
You can send donations to me in 3 ways.

1. A cheque drawn on a UK Bank made payable to D Andrews.
2. A cheque drawn on FRENCH Bank made payable to D Andrews.
3. By PayPal through our website at http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk/index-1.html

I will acknowledge all donations and at the end of the torture (!) confirm the totals to everyone.
Last edited by DuncaninFrance on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: DUNCAN'S DRY JANUARY.....................

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:45 pm

So..... the man with more wine stashed away than most wine bars serve in a month... is not going to drink for a month. And you want us to believe that? And... give you money for your favorite charities for not drinking? :loco: :loco: :loco:

Let me guess....you had just finished a bottle of wine and the idea came to you all of a sudden?
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Niner wrote:So..... the man with more wine stashed away than most wine bars serve in a month... is not going to drink for a month. And you want us to believe that? And... give you money for your favorite charities for not drinking? :loco: :loco: :loco:

Let me guess....you had just finished a bottle of wine and the idea came to you all of a sudden?
Nope! The doc said stop drinking so much Gin so I thought "Have a booze free month, it might be even better"...........Then I thought " Get help - get sponsored and help out a couple of veterans charities into the bargain "........ :cool: :cool:
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Actually, Duncan, I've had to give up the beer recently because the old gout has got to acting up. Not a lot of fun being on the wagon for the "holiday" season. Hope your plan works out for you.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:38 pm

DuncaninFrance wrote:Nope! The doc said stop drinking so much

LMAO Duncan, that one statement reminded me of my long gone Grandfather, When he was 82 his doctor told him he needed to limit himself to no more than 3 beers a day ( he drank a 6 pack of Carlings Black Label each day), his solution was to switch for 12 oz bottles to quart bottles of beer.

Problem Solved :lol:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:04 pm

DuncaninFrance wrote:
Niner wrote:So..... the man with more wine stashed away than most wine bars serve in a month... is not going to drink for a month. And you want us to believe that? And... give you money for your favorite charities for not drinking? :loco: :loco: :loco:

Nope! The doc said stop drinking so much Gin so I thought "Have a booze free month, it might be even better"...........Then I thought " Get help - get sponsored and help out a couple of veterans charities into the bargain "........ :cool: :cool:
The donation is to fund Duncans "new "stash of wine :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robert :SCO:
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:50 am

Thank's for your kind donation Robert, that's day one sorted out! :D :D
Duncan

blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:57 am

Well it is for a good cause
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Duncan, you know the only one who can freely, without permission, ask for money for anything on this site is me. :loco:

However, you are happily granted permission. How many people would give you money for not drinking for a month, anyway? I can't imagine who would actually do such a thing. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:32 am

Sent a little bit!

Eoin
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.