New from France, with K11 swiss

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

barrybristle

New from France, with K11 swiss

Post by barrybristle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 am

Hi all. My coveted rifle is a K11 of 1939 manufacture, complete with sling, bayonet and several clips. I have so far only used Ruag GP11 ammo but do a lot of reloading for other historical calibres. Having managed to reprime the berdan cases I thought to try reloading with Vectan tu5000 and a Sellier & Bellot 147gr FMJ bullet.

From limited research I reckon that a starting load of 44-45gr should be about right with a minimùum cartridge length of 2.74". Before I plunge right in does any other member have a view on this?
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: New from France, with K11 swiss

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:36 am

Bienvenue sur le funnyfarm Barry :lol: :lol:
Plenty of help available for you on here.
Where are you in France?
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
barrybristle

Post by barrybristle » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:56 am

Thanks Duncan, in the Tarn et Garonne since July 1999. Member of a local club for 25/50mtr target shooting (preference for black powder) and a club in the Montagne Noire near to Mazanet for CAS (informal basis only). You must be located fairly close? :GBR: :NET:
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:44 am

Middle of the Blaye wine region Barry and I shoot at a club in Jonzac, about 40 minutes from here.
My interest is mainly collecting and shooting British Military Rifles of the 19th & 20th C. - mostly Black Powder ...........
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:34 am

Barry, nice to see another visitor to the board from Europe. Looks like you and Duncan are also birds of a feather as Brits who have taken up a life in France. Lots of us reload and several members would be familiar with the powder brands you would have access to in your part of the world.
barrybristle

Post by barrybristle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:04 am

Certainly lots of Brits head for France on retirement, where it's getting mighty hot just now. Something you will be used to in Alabama eh Niner?
Thanks for the comments Guys.