New from North Carolina, USA

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

OverHill

New from North Carolina, USA

Post by OverHill » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:44 pm

I live near Raleigh, NC. I’m pushing 80 years old so not too active collecting or shooting at this point, however, I started firearm collecting as a teenager with a WWII P35 pistol an uncle cut from an unfortunate German officer (I still have the pistol) and was a licensed collector for many years. I was a USA paratrooper in the early to mid-1960s starting with the 2nd504th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 82nd Airborne Division at Ft. Bragg, N.C. and later with the 2nd503rd Infantry regiment all around the Far East. I have experience with the M1 rifle including competition shooting, the M14 rifle, and believe it or not the M2 carbine. In addition, I’ve fired many rounds through the Chinese Type56 rifle (AK47) and the Type56 carbine (SKS) during my military tour.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: New from North Carolina, USA

Post by Niner » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Welcome, Overhill. You are not the only one that's over the hill here... like me for instance. I look forward to seeing you post.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:12 am

A big welcome Overhill, nice to see new 'old' blood on the site. Enjoy!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:32 am

Welcome to MAH overhill, I'm not too active collecting myself but am fortunate enough to still be shooting very regularly.
Joe
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Welcome to the group, always glad to see new posters....... :D

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.