IRMA an Achfluffy...........

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

IRMA an Achfluffy...........

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:47 am

I thought that we should all keep Archfluffy in our thoughts just now and hope that IRMA stays as far away as possible from him and his family. :SWI: :USA: Keep your head down Arch :shock: :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: IRMA an Achfluffy...........

Post by Niner » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:27 am

Looks like the storm is decreasing to 106 mph winds when it hit Cujoe Key Florida at 9 am this morning. The biggest question is where is it headed now. If it stays on land and goes up the peninsula it should peter out pretty fast as far as the most destructive winds. If it stays off the coast in the Gulf it will be a lot worse as it moves North.

Whatever it does, a lot of people are having their lives interrupted in greater or lessor ways.

I got a feeling you would be all by yourself out at the range today, Arch.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:33 am

I spoke to Arch on Skype last night, he, his family and the house are OK :) :)
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:56 am

Good news. I was among those wondering how he made out. Some people North of Florida got a full dose of Hurricane bad news as well as those in Florida . A friend has a house at Edisto Beach South Carolina that would have been flooded with 40 inches of water had it not been on stilts. Another Friend in North Georgia had high winds and some limbs down and power outages.

Down on the coast at Mobile, Alabama there was little affect by the weather but for days afterward the Eastward flow of Florida evacuees returning to see what Irma did to their property kept the I10 interstate highway to a crawl.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 am

My BIL and his girlfriend just returned to their condo in Key West this past Sunday, missing shingles, some water damage, and girlfriends car totaled ( went under water) but all is good. She is operations Mgr at the Key West Airport and they just got a FFA portable control tower set up and running and they got there power back on Monday along with water (but still have to boil to drink).
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:26 am

Wonder if Hemingway's home made it through the storm? That's one of the tourist attractions.... although never been there.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:49 pm

Thank you all for the good thoughts during the storm!

So much love! :oops:

-ArchFluffy