New Colors

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

New Colors

Post by Niner » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:20 pm

Well..... not altogether finished with it... but... different isn't it? The main menu page has not been done yet. There will be a number of additions. This page will be brightened a bit with some additional work. But this is the way it is going to basicly be for a while at least until we give it a fair trial.
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:14 pm

Well I have to say I find the new colours a bit hard to read.

To be honest I don't do colours and couldn't give a toss as to colour, I look for some thing that is easy to read in the first instance as thats the primary medium of a board like this. I spend more time reading than admiring the colours.

Secondly its got to act as a good supportive (visually) background to the many photographs that are posted as these are an important and distinctive feature of this site.

Thirdly it needs to be distinctive as it is part of our signature, and more so here as our collage signature on Ezbastardboard is not available.

When I got up this am and saw the new format I have to say I found hard on the eyes to read, I have no objection to the colours and as a grouping of hues I think they work. When I came home later today I noticed that the font size had been enlarged, no doubt in response to AJs blindness ( which is obvious proof that all Targets he submits in MAH competitions are not shot by him, he should be collecting white sticks not firearms :lol: ).

This was just too much for me and I've had to adjust the resolution on my computer to make reading at any length easier.

Its not the colours that are the problem per se its the text/colour contrast that I find hard on the old eye.

I'm also not sure that such deep colour saturation helps all pictures and avatars/signatures show to their best.

If we want people to stay and read then we need to balance the distinctiveness of the "look" with ease of reading and not be tiring on the eye and I don't think we've quiet got there yet.

Thats my view, what do others think? as always I'll go with the flow. :D
ImageImage
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Sorry to say i prefer the previous colour and smaller print. Adams reply of large white writing on the blue background i find especially hard on the eye. :shock:

Joe
Jason Stewart

Colors

Post by Jason Stewart » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:49 am

I am in the process of making it easier to change the colors. Part of this will also improve the layout for a variety of different displays.

I have put up the yellow color scheme as the default until I can finish what I am doing.

During this process, there will be cosmetic glitches here and there, but the posts will remain unaffected.
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:14 am

No problems Jason, we know that we are still in the R&D stage, hell we have a site that works and we can back up thats 110% better than ezboard.

Our membership has come with us and we are getting posts, there's hardly been blip in the transistion. EZ was going for years and there constant "blips"

I'm just glad we've got you on the case mate, I'd hate to think what it would be like if it was left to a knuckle head like me to blunder my way around setting up a new board.

We'd probably still be stuck on the old board if it was left to me to move us. :lol:
ImageImage