Sword stick

Things a soldier would carry other than firearms, ammo, or uniforms. Meaning equipment such as ammo pouches, bayonets, holsters, oil cans, cleaning equipment, etc.

Moderator: joseyclosey

PeterN2

Sword stick

Post by PeterN2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 am

When my parents got married 79 years ago, in April 1939, they took the tenancy of a 210 acre farm here in Yorkshire. I was born and grew up on that farm. It was a bit out of the way and did not get electricity until 1953. I vaguely remember going to bed by candle and oil lamps. No heating, of course, only the fire in the living room. When they moved in, they found this sword stick that had been left by the previous tenant. It lived on top of a tall bookcase throughout my childhood. It did have a handle at one time as I do remember seeing it once but I don't know what happened to it. The sword stick went with my mother when she retired from the farm and came to me when she died. As far as I can tell, it is Spanish and made in Toledo. I presume it will be from the 19th century maybe? If anyone can provide any information on it, please do.
Swordstick.jpg
Swordstick and blade.jpg
Swordstick handle.jpg
Swordstick name.jpg
Swordstick engraving 1.jpg
Swordstick engraving 2.jpg
Swordstick engraving 3.jpg
Swordstick engraving 4.jpg
Swordstick engraving 5.jpg
Regards
Peter
joseyclosey

Re: Sword stick

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:35 am

I don't know anything about swordsticks Peter but what a nice heirloom to have.
Joe