web gear exploration

Things a soldier would carry other than firearms, ammo, or uniforms. Meaning equipment such as ammo pouches, bayonets, holsters, oil cans, cleaning equipment, etc.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Niner
Site Admin

web gear exploration

Post by Niner » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 pm

I was thinking about how to holster and carry a pistol without the belt being drawn down on my hips, due to the weight of a heavy pistol, and making me feel like I needed to hike my pants up all the time . The old military web gear idea came to me. The military gear has the added benefit of a Y suspenders that keep the belt up and shares some of the weight of whatever is on the belt. And.. when going to the range I could carry the generally two hand guns around with me rather than leave them laying around on a table while checking rifle targets. Not that anybody would steal them...but....if I have them with me that question is not a concern. Also, if in holsters at my side they don't take up room in the range bag which is already loaded down with ammo and tools, and ear protection headphones, etc.

I went to Ebay and took a look around. I found a belt and suspenders military surplus...or looks military surplus..... for $18.99 including shipping. It was the old style with the eyes in the belt for hooking hangers.

Well..got it. Looks new and never issued. Then discovered the over two inch wide belt made it hard to get regular holsters loop style holster connection on the belt...if at all. So...off to the Army and Navy store and bought the last two metal military hangers they had for $2. I could slide one through the loop in the Makarov holster and it worked good enough. At the same time my modern 1911 holster with belt clip on the back would work....barely. The clip was just a bit too narrow and the base wouldn't click shut. I needed something else for this new rig.

Then... I went back to Ebay. I ordered a holster that was for military pistols of an assortment of calibers, including 1911. It looked from the back that it was modern Mollee gear with the loop the loop kind of attachment so I ordered some Alice Clips too. I got the holster, and turns out it has large sewn in vertical loops that are big enough that it can just slide on the belt without any problem. No Alice Clips needed. It even has an elastic OD green cord for keeping the holster anchored to one place on the belt by using one of the eyes in the belt. The holster cost...delivered....$10.50. Happy purchase. It will handle 1911, P38, and you name it of large size pistols.

Now, next time I go to the range I'll look like a geriatric Rambo. Well...come to think of it....Sylvester Stallone and I are about the same age and he is still playing like Ramgo, isn't he?
Attachments
belt back.jpg
belt back.jpg (84.29 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
hangerholster.jpg
hangerholster.jpg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
holsteronbelt.jpg
holsterback.jpg
holsterback.jpg (87.46 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
left.jpg
right.jpg
right.jpg (49.53 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
model.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: web gear exploration

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Now all you need is a couple of grenades to hang on those suspenders and you will look like
a real bad-ass........ :mrgreen:

And as for that top photo, please don't show us your bare ass again.......... :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:14 pm

I was thinking that too Vern after I looked at the photos. But... that would be what you would see if I had attached two pistols to my ordinary belt. So I didn't retake the photo.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Hell Robert, you don't have to hold your guns together with string do you :shock: :roll: :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:24 pm

I didn't take the tag off. My inventory tag system. Works for me. If I drop dead, my next of kin can figure out better what's what.
Attachments
holsteronbelt.jpg
DSC02827.jpg