Steyr M95 bayonet

Things a soldier would carry other than firearms, ammo, or uniforms. Meaning equipment such as ammo pouches, bayonets, holsters, oil cans, cleaning equipment, etc.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Niner
Site Admin

Steyr M95 bayonet

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 pm

I got a bayonet for the M95 some years ago from Cheaper Than Dirt. for..dirt cheap or I wouldn't have bought it because I don't have a lot of interest in bayonets. :lol: It's a bit odd in that the blade is up when the knife is attached to the rifle.

Anyway, it will fit my full rifle but not the carbine. Think the bayonet handle slot won't slide over the rail on the carbine even with the button catch fully pressed because the rail is somehow too thick or too wide. Maybe a little file work would make it work, but it makes me wonder if there was some difference in bayonets that makes it not work. Maybe some last step wasn't taken in the rebuild of the carbine is the fault.
Attachments
knife.jpg
stop.jpg
As far as the bayonet will go on the carbine.
As far as the bayonet will go on the carbine.
Attaches with no difficulty to the full size rifle.
Attaches with no difficulty to the full size rifle.
Two rifles muzzle along side muzzle.  The long rifle to the right.
Two rifles muzzle along side muzzle. The long rifle to the right.
hilt.jpg
Last edited by Niner on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterN2

Interesting

Post by PeterN2 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:45 am

I have a bayonet like that but it will fit my carbine but not my long rifle. The bayonet lug on the long rifle seems to be a little too big. A previous owner has had a go at it with a file but it still don't fit on all the way.

Regards

Peter.
sail32

Re: Steyr M95 bayonet

Post by sail32 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:03 pm

The bayonet for the Austrian-Hungarian M-95 short rifle has front sight on the top of the ring to compensate for jump, causes by the bayonet.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:01 am

Just picked up one of these bayonets (oewg) for my M95 Steyr, the long infantry rifle, and have the same problem as Peter. It fits onto the rifles bayonet boss but won't slide to the lock up though it will tap on until the ring socket goes over the rifle muzzle. I am thinking of trying a little judicious filing to the bayonet as i don't particulary want to touch the rifle.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcome before i get out the bastard file.

Joe ;)

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... 020026.jpg[/pic]
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Well i got my bayonet to fit the M95 ok with some careful filing ....

.......but it is still a tight fit on the M95/30 and won't quite lock up properly.