Lagniappe bayonets

Things a soldier would carry other than firearms, ammo, or uniforms. Meaning equipment such as ammo pouches, bayonets, holsters, oil cans, cleaning equipment, etc.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Niner
Site Admin

Lagniappe bayonets

Post by Niner » Sat May 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Another subject brought this to mind. Remember the "free" bayonets we used to get with purchases from Century? Some I can identify and some are a little unknown as to what they came with. I dug out some of the ones I have and took some photos just for the heck of it.

One of the bayonets on the table was just thrown in and wasn't supposed to match any rifle I bought... Spanish from the 70's I think. Can't remember what it is.

The mysteries include the original matches for the Yugo Preduzece 44 marked Mauser bayonets. Probably the factory 44 refurb made for various Mausers....they could have been intended for any number of related models....and no doubt came to me that way. And one of the Turk mausers has a metal piece in the handle that seems to have served some function.

There is one in the batch that I actually paid for. It's the one for the Steyr Mannlicher M95....it has the sharp edge on the top and the flat edge on the bottom.

Click on the photos to see a larger view.
Attachments
all.jpg
Turk.jpg
Turkvariation.jpg
44.jpg
Preduzece 44.jpg
M95.jpg
oldironsights
Sustaining Member

Re: Lagniappe bayonets

Post by oldironsights » Sat May 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Robert, the one on the upper right with the green plastic scabbard is for the Spanish CETME.
Century used to give those away; they had so many.
I like those Turk & Yugo blades.
The Yugoslavian bayonets also fit German & Czech Mauser 98 rifles.
If You Can Read This, Thank A Teacher!
If You Can Read This In English, Thank A Veteran!

Help save this retired fighting ship from the scrapyard;
http://www.ussorleck.org
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun May 16, 2010 11:00 am

Nice collection Robert, the CETME bayonets are going for $20, M95 bayonets $79 at this vendor....

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... ategory=10

Joe
stripperclip
Leading Member

Post by stripperclip » Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm

nice group of them I don't know a thing about most bayo's just the common ones need to study up more on them.
stripperclip