British Pattern-1937 Other Ranks Webbing.

Things a soldier would carry other than firearms, ammo, or uniforms. Meaning equipment such as ammo pouches, bayonets, holsters, oil cans, cleaning equipment, etc.

Moderator: joseyclosey

TomcatPC
Regular visitor

British Pattern-1937 Other Ranks Webbing.

Post by TomcatPC » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Here is a set of Pattern-1937 Web Equipment for a squaddie with a No.4 Mk.I (or Mk.I*) Rifle. This set has been blancoed (using reproduction blanco).

TomcatPC
Regular visitor

Re: British Pattern-1937 Other Ranks Webbing.

Post by TomcatPC » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Here is another set of Pattern-1937 Web Equipment for a soldier armed with a No.1 Mk.III (or Mk.III*) Rifle. This set is not blancoed.
Thanks
Mark

joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Nice kit Mark, is it easy to acquire in the States?

Joe

Out of interest, some close ups of the entrenching tool and MkII helve for the No 4 bayonet from one of my earlier posts.

http://www.milsurpafterhours.com/bb/vie ... =21&t=2227

TomcatPC
Regular visitor

Post by TomcatPC » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello
If you know where to look, a lot of WWII British Kit is not too hard to find here in the U.S. Since I started WWII Reenacting a few years back, finding it is easier than it had been, if that makes sense? Rifles, bayonets, webbing, uniforms (reproduction), helmets are fairly easy to find. Now when it comes to all the little odds and sods, like boot polish tins, blankets, razors and blades, etc. those tend to be scarce over here.

I do have the later version of the E-Tool helve, just didn't have it when I took the photo. From what I have read on reenacting forums, etc. the helve with the bayonet attachment didn't get to the troops until fairly late in the War?
Thanks
Mark
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 am

Thats right Mark, the MkII helve was issued to some troops in 1944 but didn't actually see widespread issue. It was introduced in June 1944 and was listed as "Helve MkII complete with bayonet adaptor".

Joe