Part of barrel needed

Questions and tips about taking care of the weapons we collect and shoot.

Moderator: Aughnanure

deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Part of barrel needed

Post by deadin » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:22 am

I know this is a long shot, but you never can tell...... :)

I need the front part of a Webley MK VI .455 barrel. Anybody have the left overs from a shortening job?
What I actually need is the front sight and base section. (Or a junker whole barrel)

I picked up a Mk VI that has been bobbed to 3 1/4" and I want to make a shooter from it, but it needs a front sight.
I know I can mill a slot in the existing rib and put in a blade,but it would be neater to actually mill a flat (or dovetail) and splice in an original sight.(complete with base).

I don't want to spend much (other than time) on this project because the odds are I will probably screw it up. ;) (But you never know without trying.)

Dean
Aughnanure

Re: Part of barrel needed

Post by Aughnanure » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:31 am

Dean,

I can't help with a barrel or a bit of one but I suggest that when (not if :) ) you get what you need that you turn the barrel down for a suitable length and bore out the necessary bit with the sight on it then soft solder/glue it on the original barrel.

If you get an old barrel then you could restore the original sight radius by boring out the necessary length and fitting it as above.

Best of luck.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Re: Part of barrel needed

Post by deadin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:56 pm

That sounds like a plan!!
Now that you mention it, I once had a S&W Ladysmith (Model M, 1st Model) that someone had done a "barrel splice" .
They then engraved the gun in order to hide the seam.