winchester trapper 94ae. Help needed

Questions and tips about taking care of the weapons we collect and shoot.

Moderator: Aughnanure

dhtaxi

winchester trapper 94ae. Help needed

Post by dhtaxi » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:06 pm

I know its not a milsurp but.The case lifter broke on my winchester trapper. I have dismantled it.But Im having problems getting it back together. I had a disassembly diagram but I cant find it so I attempted to do it from memory bad mistake.

Anybody familiar with the procedure for replacing the lifter.

I use it to shoot comps at my local gun club so I need it fixing pronto.

HELP

<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p089.ezboard.com/bmilsurpafterho ... >dhtaxi</A> at: 12/31/04 7:38 pm

</i>
dogbolt
Regular visitor

Post by dogbolt » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:29 am

To get at the lifter you need to remove the op lever. To do this remove the screw(s) that pivot the lever there is also the pivot pin that works the bolt. This is hidden under a screw on the left hand side of the receiver towards the front of the receiver. Undo the screw and you will be able to see the bolt body move using the op' lever. Move the bolt about 10mm backwards and the pin should appear on the right side of the receiver is a small hole that is aligned to the pin and will allow a small pin to push the pin out. Once out it's a case of removing the op' lever and lifter assembly downwards and out of the receiver.

Fitting is just a reverse of removal.

Hope this helps
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:22 pm

Hi dogbolt (Martin)

welcome to the forums and thanks for your contributions, its good to see another UK poster to keep these uncivilised colonials in line :D

Nice web site, another new gun club to me, looks as though you've got it "sorted".

I hope you like it here enough to stick around, join the merry throng and contribute to our heady mix of irreverant bullshit and informed gun talk.
ImageImage
dhtaxi

Hi Dogbolt

Post by dhtaxi » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:26 am

Thanks for the reply and welcome. I managed to suss it out and all is well now.

Whats this web site Adam is refering to
Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:50 pm

I think it's the one on Dogbolt's profile.

Regards

Tom
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))
dogbolt
Regular visitor

Post by dogbolt » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:42 am

There are 2 websites. The one on my profile is the 2nd incarnation of one of the clubs I belong too. It was developed by a web designer who's also a member of the same club.

www.magnagunclub.co.uk

The other website is my original attempt at web design for the club. It has had the desired affect of spreading "the word" about the club and introducing new members.

www.magna.freehosting.net
dogbolt
Regular visitor

Post by dogbolt » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:43 am

There are 2 websites. The one on my profile is the 2nd incarnation of one of the clubs I belong too. It was developed by a web designer who's also a member of the same club.

www.magnagunclub.co.uk

The other website is my original attempt at web design for the club. It has had the desired affect of spreading "the word" about the club and introducing new members.

www.magna.freehosting.net