Where to find? Spare Boltheads for SMLE's

Questions and tips about taking care of the weapons we collect and shoot.

Moderator: Aughnanure

45nut

Where to find? Spare Boltheads for SMLE's

Post by 45nut » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Are there sources in the UK that stock any?
tonsper
Regular visitor

Post by tonsper » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:39 am

Are you looking only for bolt-heads for the SMLE or are you interested in another Lee-Enfield? There are a large number of different bolt-heads if you include the different sizes. There are also at least three sizes of extractors on these. If this is for a single rifle, more information is needed. Sorry for being complicated.
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:24 am

Hi Ken,

yes there are people here who can supply bolt heads the only problem being that as they are pressure bearing parts they are on ticket and are licensed.

Therefore exporting them could be tricky as it would need to be between dealers here and the US rather than just putting a couple in a package.

I have slots on my ticket for these so I can take up headspace and have a dozen and they get checked and counted off at renewal time, bit of a pisser really.

Is it for the No1 the SMLE or the No4?

I haven't forgotten about the bayonets. :D
ImageImage
45nut

Post by 45nut » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:42 pm

They regulate them? Well,, dang! I never would have imagined that. Oh well, thanks. Ya, I was just after a couple spares for my No1's but the hassle would be way overboard. No sense in any of it is there?

And no problem Adam. :-)
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:30 pm

I'd try the Canucks over the border and the Ozzies are bound to be knee deep in No1 bolt heads, don't know about their regulations though.
ImageImage
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:45 pm

We are slightly less regulated, but only just :evil:

Don't have to be 'on ticket' or accounted for in any way. BUT if you want to send one overseas you require a Department of Defence export approval. :cry:
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Niner
Site Admin

In the US it's no problem

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:42 pm

You can buy all you want through the mail. Springfield Sporters sells them from $6 t0 $10 each. depending on how close to new you want.

I got a few in a drawer I've had for a few years. Think I only paid $2 or $3 for them. However they aren't complete..need the extractor, spring and screw to make the bolt head complete. Got a feeling the ones offered now days aren't complete either and would require the same parts.
Last edited by Niner on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
45nut

Post by 45nut » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks Niner,

I had completely forgot Springfield Sporters!
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Woftam,
We are slightly less regulated, but only just
Don't have to be 'on ticket' or accounted for in any way. BUT if you want to send one overseas you require a Department of Defence export approval.
Now you've let the cat out of the bag; the fox among the chickens; the politician at the expense account, Gun Control Australia are already cranking up their Gestetner and the Greens are re-writing their policy statement.

How could you be so careless? So forgetful?
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Oops :oops:
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.