JUST BOUGHT A REPLICA BAKER RIFLE....

Muzzle and breech loading black powder firearms. Military and sporting.
Shooting, loading, collecting and historical study.

Moderator: Aughnanure

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: JUST BOUGHT A REPLICA BAKER RIFLE....

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Well this evening I received a reply to my latest email saying that they were still waiting for information about the return of the barrel from the proof House..........
I emailed back to say I had telephoned the proof House and they had no barrels for Derbyshire Arms.........

Oooooooooooooo :loco:

Fastest reply to date......
You have beaten me to it - I was about to send you a further email, having spoken to Gary over a late lunch - it seems he has already collected the barrels (as you found out) before we went to Cressing Temple Barns.
Sorry about the mix - up.
Which means that your barrel will now be browned as per your original instructions.
Work on your stock is scheduled to continue next week.
My reply;
That still does not answer my question of WHEN I am likely to receive the finished article, bearing in mind I have already paid for it in full and because of this it is my opinion that satisfactory completion of this outstanding item should be given priority over more recent orders that you have received.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Now... wonder what his next story will be? Reminds me of a fellow that did some work on my boat and did more damage than repair. when he seemed to be taking his time about solving my complaints and only blowing smoke up my butt, I went to Google and looked up his shop and put in a remark in his rating. I gave him one star and the reason why. There were few other ratings. Google let him know right fast that I had lambasted him and he bent over backwards to try to fix the problems I was aware of and begged me to change my remark and score. I let up on him at that juncture and complied. After the fact I found out some other problems I wasn't aware of, sad to say, but can't prove they originated with him.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:46 pm

Yesterday I sent Derbyshire Arms another email saying it was now 12 months since the order was placed.........what was the situation with my Baker.
I got an email today saying it was ready to ship, probably tomorrow...........I will let you know when/if it arrives.................
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Your aren't holding your breath are you? :bigsmile:
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:04 am

Niner wrote:Your aren't holding your breath are you? :bigsmile:
No bloody way Robert, I trust this lot less than I would trust Trump to be impartial :loco:
Duncan

DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:15 am

From their Facebook account...............

Duncan Andrews What is the point of attending these events when they can't deliver orders that are over 12 months old?

Reply · September 4 at 11:25pm
Derbyshire Arms Ltd
Derbyshire Arms Ltd Orders all have a lead time, depending on what has been ordered, and sometimes as in your case where a new/replacement is needed that time would be extended, as it happens Duncan your musket is now packaged and waiting to be collected - the point of the events are to let people actually see us, as mostly our customers are based all over the UK and Europe, we are also re-enactors and we visit/re-enact different eras at events again all over the UK & Europe.

Will wait till it arrives and will comment further :evil:
Duncan

DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Just received this answer to my lasted question to the buggers..............

Hello Duncan, we have had a few issues with parcel force about sending our products abroad, TNT have stopped their service completely, which is why we have been trying to use parcelforce. However, they sent it by air and it was returned. I have tried to find someone else who will carry it, but they failed to collect it. I've now got an agreement sorted out with parcelforce through the BASC and I will be putting your Baker back in the post from our main post office. It will though be coming overland not by air. As soon as I have got it sorted out I'll send you the necessary information so you can track it. Jeni

I TOLD them there would be shipping problems and they said "Oh we don't think so" Bunch of wan***s :shock: :shock:
Duncan

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:18 pm

He's got to be running out of excuses. Maybe this time you will actually see it. Hope so.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:37 am

Small Debts Court or whatever it's called over there?
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Doing nothing till it gets here ( :loco: :loco: ) but I shall then bugger his business up a bit with some very explicit information that he can't refute. And I may also report him to the Derbyshire Constabulary Firearms Dept because he is a RFD and if he sends the gun without a proof cert it's illegal in France. I shall check and see if the Birmingham Proof House issued one....................................
Duncan