Of all my fire arms this has to be near the top for fun.

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Rumpelhardt

Of all my fire arms this has to be near the top for fun.

Post by Rumpelhardt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:26 pm

And probably the best cost per enjoyment factor.
Winchester 69a with a Redfield 75 receiver sight, Merit adjustable eye piece and Lyman 17 front globe sight.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Of all my fire arms this has to be near the top for fun.

Post by Niner » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:05 am

Those old bolt action 22's are still the best in my opinion. The Ruger 10/22's and such may be a lot more popular now days, but the old bolt actions still seem to me to be the best rifles there are for accuracy and dependability.

I got an old Remington Scoremaster 511 that's my favorite 22. Not as deluxe as yours. Just ordinary iron sights. But still part of the same general design theory.
Attachments
Remington Scoremaster 511.jpg
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Yep the old .22's are my thing too, I have a few nice ones from different Eoropean countries but nothing from the US unfortunately.

Nice Winchester R-hardt, thanks for posting her up.

Joe
Rumpelhardt

Post by Rumpelhardt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:45 pm

My Winchester wasn't any more "Deluxe" than your Remington Niner. It had the ordinary open sights installed when I got it.
I had the Redfield receiver sight hanging around for years waiting for the right rifle and this one finally fit the bill. It even came from the factory drilled and taped for a receiver sight.
I had to modify the stock some of coarse. For the action I just had to remove two plug screws and screw on the mounting block for the rear sight, drift off the front sight and install the front globe sight and off we go. :bigsmile:
Dave 101
Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14

Post by Dave 101 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm

That is a nice looking stock you have there Rh , .22 is my thing as well but this side of the of the pond its BSA Martini actions and a couple of Europeans just to be multicultural .

Dave