.300 AAC

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Brass Rat
Leading Member

.300 AAC

Post by Brass Rat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Not too long ago Classic Firearms in NC offered quite a list of AR overrun barrels in various configurations and chamberings at very good prices. One of the items that caught my attention was a 16" heavy barrel in .300 AAC so I ordered one with the intention of maybe swapping barrels on one of my rifles or, at the most, building a dedicated upper.

Well we all know which road is paved with good intentions and here we are 2 months later and I seem to have acquired a rather large pile of parts. Brownell's had Bushmaster lowers for $49 so I bought a couple of them and it just snowballed from there.

My 11 year old Grandson and I are going to start assembling his rifle as soon as my wrist recovers from my encounter with the cath lab yesterday. I am thinking about building the other lower into a 24" barreled 6.5mm precision rifle but that will be quite a bit more money then I have in the .300

I will post pics as we assemble his rifle. I also ordered a set of dies so we can load our own ammo. I have several thousand pieces of mostly Radway Green brass and it is amazing how quickly you can cut the shoulder and neck off of 5.56 brass with a band saw and a simple jig.

Having my own 100 yard range 30' from my door is pretty much a dream come true thou I still haven't built a permanent shooting bench.
Retired Systems Engineer
Full time Grandpa to

James 16
Angela 15
Khaley 5
Kendall 4
Loralai 2