Sako TRG 22

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
ian27
Sustaining Member

Sako TRG 22

Post by ian27 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:41 am

I am looking to buy a decent .308 rifle for target shooting and possibly the odd 'F' class competition. I have looked at many options and am leaning towards the Sako TRG 22 .308. I have read many articles on them, and they seem to be decent and accurate rifles. I have toyed with the idea of having a rifle built to the following spec;

McMillan McHale Stock

Bat Action

Kreiger 30" Barrel.

To get this built in the U.K will apparently set me back in the region of £6000. Thats a lot of money, but it is going to be a one off buy. I was just wondering if any of you guys had a Sako TRG 22 in .308 or had any experiences with it.
Attachments
ar-foc-rifle-Sakotrggreen.jpg
ar-foc-rifle-Sakotrggreen.jpg (9.63 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
Ian

FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SON OF A BITCH !!!
(Marshall Rooster Cogburn)
stripperclip
Leading Member

Post by stripperclip » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:12 pm

nope I don't have one but I sure would like to very nice rifle.
stripperclip
ian27
Sustaining Member

Post by ian27 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Yep Stripperclip they are a fine looking rifle. I had the pleasure of examining one about a month ago. The build quality was very good, the bolt moved as if it was sliding on a sheet of glass and the magazine locked up with a real positive click, unlike some other rifles I have used. I have used the Accuracy International AE and AWM models and the bolts on these were a lot more sloppy. The rifle will cost me in the region of £2000 but should do me the rest of my shooting days, even if i do have to change the barrel at some point. The other problem is going to be the scope. I fancy one of the Schmidt and Bender PM II 5-25 x 56 scopes, which will set me back around £1500. I have a lot of experience with the S&B PM II scopes, and they are superb. Lot of money yes, but its a damn good scope.
Ian

FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SON OF A BITCH !!!
(Marshall Rooster Cogburn)
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:47 pm

I don't have any experience of owning or shooting the Sako but they are supposed to be the dogs b----cks out of the box.

It depends how competitive you are what use it will get a custom built job is very nice but also very expensive.

If you are going to shoot the odd F class and shoot the rest of your time on military ranges the Sako is a good buy and as you say the money saved will pay for a scope.

I shoot a steyr ssg It would put them all through the same hole but the nut on the but isn't good enough.

A good scope is a must I use a Khales.

Northallerton shooting supplies sells the sako in all its different configurations check out there web site prices range from £1,800 to £2,200 depending on what you want.

If I had £2000 to spare Id buy one.