Any of you special order military calibers for T/C Encore

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
coalcracker

Any of you special order military calibers for T/C Encore

Post by coalcracker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 pm

While the Encore is not a military rifle. You can have special barrels made identified to many of the miltary cal. Do any of you shoot Encore and buy the special barrels for military calibers? Sure wish the special orders would not take up to 12 weeks. However I did see one mfg that has the 6.5 Swede barrel on the shelf........
Brass Rat
Leading Member

Post by Brass Rat » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:27 pm

A few years ago Bob and I were shooting at a local range when a guy next to us brought out a contender chambered in 8x57.

We finally just moved back behind the line and waited until he put it away to continue shooting because the blast from the muzzle of that 12" barrel was so bad the it was uncomfortable to sit 6 feet away.
afish4570

TC Pistol in 4570

Post by afish4570 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 pm

My love of the 4570 continues but after shooting a custom ported barrel with 420 gr.Hammerhead loads I'll hunt with my #3Ruger SS. Guarenteed to make a flincher out of you. No fun but quite an experience. Sort of like these super new roller coasters.....HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE.afish4570 :roll: :roll: This is the mother of all military calibres in pistols.