Single action pistol for Christmas

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Niner
Site Admin

Single action pistol for Christmas

Post by Niner » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:32 am

I always had an interest in the single action army of cowboy fame. Couldn't resist this one with a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

It's a Rough Rider .357 magnum pistol sold by Heritage Manufacturing and made, for the most part, by Fillipietta in Italy. From what I read the pistols get a final assembly in the US at the Heritage plant in Florida.

It even comes with it's own test fired case. Tested with the testers name on the envelope it comes in.

For those who may be interested there is a 1 in 18.75 right handed twist and the barrel has 6 lands and grooves.

I know....there weren't any .357 magnums around in the old west...but I wasn't around then either.
Attachments
IMGP2533.jpg
IMGP2529.jpg
Last edited by Niner on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stripperclip
Leading Member

Post by stripperclip » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:21 pm

several friends of mine have there revolvers in .22 and they are fun to play with first big bore I've seen from them looks pretty nice.
stripperclip
Niner
Site Admin

Shot it today.

Post by Niner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:13 pm

I suspect this one is for point and shoot, not aim and shoot.

After shooting all over the place I discovered that if I aimed about 4 and a half inches to the right and about 2 inches up I cold get a group in one place. This from about 7 or 8 yards away.

The top hole is the one I aimed at with the front leaf buried in the rear notch to get the three shot group to the left.

I was shooting 158 grain hollow points. $20 for fifty. Think might take up reloading for this one. Just need a die and some bullets.
Attachments
singleaction.jpg