Cimarron Colt 1872 Open Top revolver, 38 spl. 7.5"

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Candyman
Contributing Member

Post by Candyman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:29 am

Well my friend ordered me a gun for Christmas, last year, from the Bass Pro shop here in town. Well two weeks after Christmas they kept giving her the run around about why they didn't have it in yet. So she got her money back and went to see my friend at my local pawn shop and ordered the gun for $140 less then what Bass Pro charged.
Well Cimarron shipped it UPS and UPS lost it after shipping it every where but to where it needed to be. :roll:
My friend, at the shop, called Cimarron and they said not to worry and they would rush another gun the same day. Well the next day the gun arrived. My friend picked it up and wrapped it in some nice paper and gave it to me, and boy was it worth the wait. Take a look at this.

Oh, and my friend felt bad that it took so long to get the gun and was happy to save the money that Bass Pro was over charging that she went out and got me something else. A new CZ 22 rifle! Woo Hoo! She gave me the rifle last night.
Last edited by Candyman on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Cimarron Clot 1872 Open Top revolver, 38 spl. 7.5"

Post by Niner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Darn. That friend must really like you. All I got is a wife. My birthday gifts run more to underwear and small dollar Amazon gift certificates. :bigsmile:

Those Cimarron pistols are sure upscale cartridge reproductions. I'd like to have one some day. How does it shoot?
Candyman
Contributing Member

Post by Candyman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 pm

The friend is in love with me and trying to buy my heart. :lol:
The gun shoots great. I can get one and a half inch, 5 shot, groups at 15 yards, offhand
biganimal
Contributing Member

Re: Cimarron Colt 1872 Open Top revolver, 38 spl. 7.5"

Post by biganimal » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:48 pm

SSSSSWWWEEEEETTT !!!!!!! :D
that is one fine looking revolver and you are sooo lucky to have such a nice friend............. :evil:
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:51 am

Candyman wrote:The friend is in love with me and trying to buy my heart. :lol:
The gun shoots great. I can get one and a half inch, 5 shot, groups at 15 yards, offhand
Have you worked out how much your heart is going to cost her yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Candyman
Contributing Member

Post by Candyman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:28 am

DuncaninFrance wrote:
Candyman wrote:The friend is in love with me and trying to buy my heart. :lol:
Have you worked out how much your heart is going to cost her yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have to keep telling her not to buy things for me because, my heart is not for sale. :cool:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 am

About 30 years ago I had a friend like that, but my wife hated her, it did not end well. :roll:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 am

About 40 yearn ago I had a loan for a couple of years of an original. It was in .38 Long Colt and it shot like a dream; I used to pot rabbits with it, of course there were a lot of rabbits around and I didn't need to take the hard shots.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
andersonix

Post by andersonix » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Candyman wrote:Cimarron Colt 1872 Open Top revolver, 38 spl. 7.5"

Well my friend ordered me a gun for Christmas, last year, from the Bass Pro shop here in town. Well two weeks after Christmas they kept giving her the run around about why they didn't have it in yet. So she got her money back and went to see my friend at my local pawn shop and ordered the gun for $140 less then what Bass Pro charged.
Well Cimarron shipped it UPS and UPS lost it after shipping it every where but to where it needed to be. :roll:
My friend, at the shop, called Cimarron and they said not to worry and they would rush another gun the same day. Well the next day the gun arrived. My friend picked it up and wrapped it in some nice paper and gave it to me, and boy was it worth the wait. Take a look at this.

Oh, and my friend felt bad that it took so long to get the gun and was happy to save the money that Bass Pro was over charging that she went out and got me something else. A new CZ 22 rifle! Woo Hoo! She gave me the rifle last night.
WoW I love it. your so lucky dude.
When is a croquet mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you: Whenever you want it to be!
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:49 am

Welcome to the forums andersonix . That is a good looking present. Thanks for posting the pictures. I've got some bp guns but not a conversion. I understand Cimarron is one of the premo sources though.