Sears Roebuck & Co. Ted Willams Mod#34

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Candyman
Contributing Member

Sears Roebuck & Co. Ted Willams Mod#34

Post by Candyman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Last Friday I made my rounds to the local pawn shops and spotted this little rifle on the rack marked $129. I ended up leaving the shop without it because, I need another 22 like I need a hole in my head. :roll:
On my way home I got the felling that I needed to stop at the shop and see if they still had it.
Well it was still there. I know all the employees pertty good and one of them told me that he had put the rifle on the side for me after I left on Friday because he thought I really wanted the rifle. He told me that he had just put it back on the rack.
Well, I just couldn't help myself and asked the boss what he would let me have it for. He said I could have it for $99 and I said $100 out the door. He said deal. Nuthing like saving another $8.68 in sales tax. :lol:
After I paid for it I realized that it was a Mod. #34 and that this rifle brought my 22 rifle count to 34. :lol: How cool is that?

The rifle was made by High Standard and are very well built.

Something you will find on Sear, Ted Williams, tube fed 22 rifles is, the had the fead slot put on the side of the tube instead of on the bottom.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Sears Roebuck & Co. Ted Willams Mod#34

Post by Niner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 pm

You did good.
Speaking of .22 , I almost bought a Remington 511 Scoremaster last weekend at a gun show....but it wasn't premo and the guy still wanted $175 for it. I thought $1oo was as much as it was worth to me.

I have one of those Sears and Roebuck models. Mine is a Model 29. Not much difference in look , although the load opening is on the bottom. I love to shoot that little rifle , although the takedown is a bit more convoluted than the average rifle.

I really love the way the forestock flutes out at the bottom. Great grip.
Attachments
grip.jpg
rifle.jpg
IMGP3565.jpg
Candyman
Contributing Member

Re: Sears Roebuck & Co. Ted Willams Mod#34

Post by Candyman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 pm

Niner
Your rifle is the same basic modle as mine. The Ted Williams models were the fancy line of guns carried by Sears.