New S&W M&P 45

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Candyman
Contributing Member

New S&W M&P 45

Post by Candyman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 pm

I ordered it last week and picked it up yesterday and I am very happy with it.

Today I took the day off and went out to our Police range to do some shooting. I put 250 rounds of Federal 230 gr FMJ through it. It fuctioned 100%.
I also shot the LA state POST corse and scored a 108 out of 120. I've got to get use to the trigger.

S&W M&P 45

This is what the muzzle looked like after I was done shooting

Here is my POST target. The corse is a total of 60 rounds fired from 25, 14, 7, 4 and 2 yards.

I shot this 10 round group at 7 yds off hand, just before I left the range.

Here I am with one of our Range instructors, Mike, and good friend of mine. You can see the M&P on my hip in a Black Hawk holster.

If you get a chance to shot one of the M&Ps you will like it.
Now I need to make up my mind and send in the rebate. Do I want to get $50 of two Mags?
stripperclip
Leading Member

Re: New S&W M&P 45

Post by stripperclip » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 am

I would like to try one of those, very good shooting heard the where very accurate also go for the mag's you can never have enough :D
stripperclip
Candyman
Contributing Member

Post by Candyman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:47 am

I sent the rebat in for the mags. :D
So far I have put right at 350 rounds through the gun with no problems.
Krull
Regular visitor

Post by Krull » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 pm

I'll be getting one of these soon,couldn't for the life of me get the Para 1911 to work right so I gave up and went hunting for a replacement :evil: ,used the Para and another pistol as down payment on an M&P 45,but mine is that FDE brown with a safety.

Hell of a nice gun in hand,had the med backstrap so I want to see what the smaller one feels like.
:pirate:
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."-Lovecraft.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I really like the look of that pistol. Very impressive.

There appears to be a hinge or pivot point in the middle of the trigger that allows the bottom half of the trigger to move forward.
What is the purpose of that hinge?
As you can guess, I'm not up to speed on modern handguns. :oops:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Krull
Regular visitor

Post by Krull » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 pm

That's the trigger safety,look close at the back of the trigger,you'll see a small tab-when you start to squeeze the trigger it lifts the tab out of the way.

The Glock has something similar,the idea is unless you get your booger hook on the trigger it won't go off so easy like if the trigger gets caught on something etc. ....but with the Smith I must say if it catches the bottom of the trigger it could still go off.

The one I'm buying is different in that it has a safety in much the same place as a 1911,so that with the trigger safety plus the internal safeties makes it pretty dang hard to make the thing go off unless you want it to.

For a ten shot .45 it's quite slim,with the med backstrap,can't wait to try the smaller one.
:pirate:
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."-Lovecraft.