Israel and Democracy

This is the place for thoughts that you want to share about nearly anything that comes to mind. Politics is ok as well. All notions and opinions are the view of the poster and not this site. Just remain civil in whatever you wish to express.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Israel and Democracy

Postby Niner » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:08 pm

Israel met unarmed protesting Palestinians at the edge of their meager allotted territory to protest the non return of seized Palestinian land and were met with bullets. 773 Palestinians are reported shot and 15 are reported killed. 1400 injured by all means. And Israel, who has a fine lobby in the US and the US gives billions of aid and plenty of weaponry to each year is saying they were all terrorists. No doubt many of the unarmed civilians that were there and survived will have one more reason to hate not only Israel but America....and be thinking of becoming actual terrorists armed with something more deadly than rocks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ammunition

A sad state of affairs. :salute:
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Israel and Democracy

Postby DuncaninFrance » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Hamas, which backed the protest, has fought three wars with Israel since 2008. In the past few weeks, Israeli forces say they have caught people attempting to cut through the frontier to launch attacks.

And what about the Rockets - Tunnels and general terrorist attacks carried out by the Palestinians.........

Israel is the lesser of the two evils here although it must be remembered that they were also terrorists in the past and that they have provoked the Arabs by building settlements where, quite frankly, they should not have.

I am sick to the back teeth with all the Arab based problems in this world and have no sympathy for any of them.
You just got to keep reloading and using pork fat as a lube :roll: :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.

http://www.twgpp.org
http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:42 pm

What if the American Indians protesting the Dakota pipeline were shot and killed in proportionate numbers? Think the Trump administration would call them terrorists and deserving of whatever they got? Think the major news media would justify the attack, like they do every time for Israel?

It just seems to be wrong for us to be so subservient to Israel and act as their number one apologist no matter what evil they do, while at the same time treating then like the 51st state. The US gives Israel, a foreign country the size of Massachusetts,all of 8000 square miles worth, 38 billion dollars in aid each year, much of which is weaponry and ammunition to keep the region a long way from a peaceful settlement.

If the US backed off their complete subservience to Israel, and told them they were on their own, they would probably get serious about trying to promote some peace in the region.
Niner Delta

Postby Niner Delta » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:24 pm

But the American Indians haven't attacked, blown up, and killed any of the "white folks". Maybe
if they did it would cause similar retaliations, but that's a whole different set of "what ifs".
IMHO if we stopped sending arms to Israel, the Arabs would attack and when the US furnished arms
ran out......the Arabs would wipe them out, which has been the Arab intent since Israel's formation.
To a slightly lesser degree, I must agree with Duncan ( :shock:) on this one, about Israel being the lesser of
the two evils.....

To quote that great American (me)......"Everyone's opinion matters, just not as much as mine." ....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Postby DuncaninFrance » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 am

Niner Delta wrote:But the American Indians haven't attacked, blown up, and killed any of the "white folks". Maybe
if they did it would cause similar retaliations, but that's a whole different set of "what ifs".
IMHO if we stopped sending arms to Israel, the Arabs would attack and when the US furnished arms
ran out......the Arabs would wipe them out, which has been the Arab intent since Israel's formation.
To a slightly lesser degree, I must agree with Duncan ( :shock:) on this one, about Israel being the lesser of
the two evils.....

To quote that great American (me)......"Everyone's opinion matters, just not as much as mine." ....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You'll do for me Vern........... :bigsmile:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.

http://www.twgpp.org
http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:18 am

Well.... at least we all have our own opinions about a territory we are thankful we aren't living in.

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”