Soccer games??

This is the place for thoughts that you want to share about nearly anything that comes to mind. Politics is ok as well. All notions and opinions are the view of the poster and not this site. Just remain civil in whatever you wish to express.

Moderator: Niner

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Soccer games??

Postby Niner Delta » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:43 pm

There must be some soccer games going on in Russia, there are little blurbs on the back
page of the sports section of local newspaper about teams from a few countries.
Are these high school teams........ :cool:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Soccer games??

Postby Niner » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:24 pm

England will play Croatia in the semi-final on Wednesday night on ITV

That's after 20 million watched England get by Sweden.

Croatia?

How many professional soccer players do you think there are from Croatia anyway? Must be all of them on the team. How hard could beating them be? Wonder if they have a professional baseball team? Or real football team?

Sorry Duncan... I know this is important stuff in countries not the US. :rebel:
DuncaninFrance

Postby DuncaninFrance » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 am

Don't be sorry, it is the FIFA World Cup for Football ( Soccer to you ) which is a game for faggots...........I don't watch it and never have.

As to players from countries like Croatia - most of them play in other countries which is where they develop their talents :roll:

A lot of them are black and pretty well all of them are overpaid by at least 100%.

This is of course my opinion and no Rugby Balls were hurt in it's creation :cool: :cool: :cool: :ENG:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.

http://www.twgpp.org
http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk
joseyclosey

Postby joseyclosey » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm

It's doing my napper in along with with the brexit and novichok balony... I can't even be ersed watching the news lately.
Niner Delta

Postby Niner Delta » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:26 pm

I was kidding of course. There are some soccer fans in the US, we actually have a professional
soccer league here in the US with 23 teams, there is a pro team near here, the Seattle Sounders FC.
I haven't seen a game since my kids played in grade school.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:04 am

Lots of kids play soccer now in the US. My grandchildren have started out in the toddler league. When I was a kid I thought it was something a PE teacher thought up to get through a gym class.
DuncaninFrance

Postby DuncaninFrance » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm

:roll:
Attachments
36866247_10215660758647346_5788538827404476416_n.jpg
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.

http://www.twgpp.org
http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Those kids who made it out of the cave have my applause and respect. The World grown up semi match champs of the recent games don't. Talk about bad sportsmanship in a game that kids play. They should take up professional wrestling where trash talking is all part of the buildup to the next match to sell tickets.

The national broadcaster, HRT, started its post-match programme with presenters and studio guests jumping around and chanting, while Robert Prosinecki, a member of Croatia’s bronze-winning side in 1998, said: “We murdered the English in the second half!” Josko Jelicic, Croatia’s self-styled answer to Gary Lineker, added: “They [England] have nothing to cry about – they were knocked out by the future world champions. We played a mature game, the English were unbelievably inferior.”

The Vecernji list newspaper went with the headline “We knocked the English down, Croatia are in the World Cup final!” with Zeljko Jankovic writing how Croatia and France will now decide “who plays the best football on the planet at the moment”. It turned out to be rhetorical as he answered it himself by adding: “It’s Croatia, don’t even doubt that!”

Vecernji’s website devoted an unusual amount of space to gloating over the fate of the losing team, with headlines such as “Football’s not coming home”, “The arrogance hit them back”, “The English are sore losers” and even published a photo gallery titled “Look how the English cry after losing to Croatia” with pictures of downbeat players and fans.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... semi-final

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”