NEXT PURCHASE - MAYBE!

This is a forum for topics relating to all classic bolt action British design long arms.

Moderator: joseyclosey

A square 10
Leading Member

Re: NEXT PURCHASE - MAYBE!

Post by A square 10 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm

they took silver , beat by china again , they were really pumped to win after the defeat in bejing , had actually beat china since then in tournament play in shanghai , theres always next time :)
..........................................................................................

not certain where they stayed - just that she was there - her mothers post to family ;

Cara headed out to Oklahoma this past Tuesday at 6 a.m. (Aug. 14). She'll work with the team there, hopefully finding time to review "tape" from Shanghai. She and the team will head to the Netherlands this Friday, practice there for a week, then move on to London on August 25th to practice on the courts they'll be playing on and get settled into the village. Opening ceremonies are August 29th and their schedule of play is listed in the link below, at the end of the article. She'll be back September 11th... with a lot to do before then ~ like bringing home the GOLD!

................................................................................................

Here's a photo of Cara in Amsterdam a couple of days ago...[photo wont transfer - she looked quite nice in her red/white/blue]
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 pm

I just received this today regarding the flag..............

Dear Mr Andrews

Thank you for your enquiry. I have not been able to identify the flag in your photographs but I share your views. Supply drops were normally made by night and the site would have been identified by light signals. The flag could have been laid on the ground, where it would be visible from the air, but it is evidently designed to be hung – if it was to be supplied for laying flat, why provide the means of hanging the flag? The flag does seem remarkably clean and unworn.

I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Yours sincerely

Peter Elliott

Senior Keeper

Department of Research & Information Services

Royal Air Force Museum

Confirms what we thought. Can't be bothered to take it any further. :cool: :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm

duncan , thats a bit of a downer , i had hoped to hear a little something ,

i was wonedering that "the means to hang" were as capable of being a means to stake to the ground , well maybe we will come accross something else on this
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 pm

A square 10 wrote:duncan , thats a bit of a downer , i had hoped to hear a little something ,

i was wonedering that "the means to hang" were as capable of being a means to stake to the ground , well maybe we will come accross something else on this
Just seems to me that the guy who sold me the flag was full of BS to make a few more Euros......... There isn't a mark on it so I doubt it was ever used for anything!
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:02 am

AND THE ANSWER IS................

These are airport safety flags, used to make vehicles, cranes, construction equipment, etc. more visible to everyone operating in the airport environment, especially airplanes:

The information comes from an amateur vexillologist who is a member on the British Militaria Forums site.

At least I now know what it is................only taken 4 years!
Duncan