Long Lee

This is a forum for topics relating to all classic bolt action British design long arms.

Moderator: joseyclosey

joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:37 am

Battle Hill Saturday Dave?

Joe
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:11 pm

I have been reviewing a lot of my old posts today and on reading this one realised i had not explained the local connection to my CLLE. This being the trigger guard stamp "W.R. Pape Newcastle upon Tyne & Sunderland" who would have been the purveyors of this fine rifle.

Newcastle is about 15 miles away and Sunderland even less.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/j ... ape002.jpg[/pic]

Anyway, after getting the rifle out of my Enfield cabinet and perusing some of my other Enfields, i have decided my New Years resolution is going to be, "I promise to shoot the Enfields a lot more in 2009".

The reason being, they have been left in the cabinet far too often on my 2008 range days!

Joe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/j ... ape003.jpg[/pic]
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:09 pm

My new years resolution is to move so that my ticket is looked after by the same licencing authority as Joe and Adam..

My licencing authority would have a heart attack if I had as many enfields as that.

I dont understand how two authorities can be so different in there attitude to licencing. Why is it so difficult for me to get extra slots.

I am having a right moan here you have started me of Closey.

XMAS new year BA HUMBUG Im going to get

p----d.

Oh dear I need a range day.SOON. :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry:
Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:47 pm

DH Taxi, short of moving and selling houses isnt easy at the moment, then membership of the right association can help a great deal. Building a collection oin a theme is recognised and I have recently broken up a collection of 4 .303s and 8 .22rfs (and some other calibres) to buy more sporting rifles for my work.

The HBSA has 2 northern branches, Borders at Brancepeth and Northern at The Royal Armouries Leeds. It is the cheapest club I have ever joined and after more than 15 years unbroken membership the only oone I have kept up with even though I have moved away from service rifles. You see that many join intersted in Webleys and LKee Enfields but are swayed from the path by intersting lectures from world renowned experts in their fields.

If I can have over 20 rifles and then a dozen shotguns mainly through membership I'm sure you can! :bigsmile: PM me for meeting details, you'd be surprised that they arent all professors but many like me are workers and shorkers like any average joe!
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:23 pm

I have not had a problem yet with having several rifles of the same calibre. I have six .303 rifles and a variation to fill for one more. I have some other duplicate calibres. I am also a 'corresponding member' of the HBSA. That costs £20 a year. Move a little south :)

Regards

Peter.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:48 pm

This being the trigger guard stamp "W.R. Pape Newcastle upon Tyne & Sunderland" who would have been the purveyors of this fine rifle.
Newcastle is about 15 miles away and Sunderland even less.
Old rifle, local connection and better than average photographer. Sounds like GOTM material Joe :lol:
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
krinko
Contributing Member

Post by krinko » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 pm

That's not a stamp, it's hand engraving---I can still see the layout lines.

Extra nice.

-----krinko
Freudig wie ein Held zum Siegen
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:07 pm

i like your resolution , im thinking along the same lines - i intend to get more use of the range this year - and my rifles & handguns