DeLisle carbine

This is a forum for topics relating to all classic bolt action British design long arms.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Dave 101
Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14

DeLisle carbine

Post by Dave 101 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Today I held a little bit of history in my hands and I got to shoot it .
http://www.rifleman.org.uk/The_DeLisle_carbine.htm

It was my clubs biannual competition shoot today we always have a raffle for charity , the RBL Poppy appeal , the first ten winners got to shoot 5 rounds using the DeLisle carbine in 45 ACP . Its owned by the author of the rifleman web sight , I was lucky for once and had a winning ticket .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The owner giving us a talk on the history of the carbine .

and me shooting it ,

This was our .22 comp using the old army training targets to simulate the Methuen shoot . I managed a gold medal for the scoped rifle match so Iam a happy bunny tonight .

The targets we use are rapid and precision shots , the top 2 - shot prone the middle 3 prone kneeling and standing , the bottom line is prone , right hand targets , is 2 shots on each in 10 seconds , I was using my BSA MkII International . 193 x 200

Dave
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DeLisle carbine

Post by Woftam » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:14 am

You lucky lucky bastard, :bigsmile:
closest I ever got is seeing one behind glass in a museum.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 am

Quite a day to remember for you Dave, I could just fancy a crack with that piece of history myself.
Interestingly enough I was shooting my .45 Armalon Enfield yesterday at Catterick.

I like the the look of the miniature methuen targets, are they available to buy ?

Thanks for the report and pictures.

Joe
Dave 101
Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14

Post by Dave 101 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 am

joseyclosey wrote:Quite a day to remember for you Dave, I could just fancy a crack with that piece of history myself.
Interestingly enough I was shooting my .45 Armalon Enfield yesterday at Catterick.

I like the the look of the miniature methuen targets, are they available to buy ?

Thanks for the report and pictures.

Joe
Hi Joe

The club supplies the targets , a chap by the name of Dave Clark put the targets together and got them printed , he wrote a book on the subject http://www.rifleman.org.uk/British_targets.htm You can find the competition details on the rifleman web sight under HESA .
I have fancied one of those armalon Enfields .

Dave
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:13 am

Cheers Dave. :D

Joe
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 pm

thats a wonderful opportunity and what a nice example of that arm , ive only seen photos in books , and recently a post of one that has been built up as a replica

http://www.enfield-rifles.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5492