WAR PHOTOGRAPHY......

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

WAR PHOTOGRAPHY......

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri May 01, 2015 3:05 am

..............which, in my mind should not be given awards nor contests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/cult ... me=2322871
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: WAR PHOTOGRAPHY......

Post by Niner » Fri May 01, 2015 9:51 am

Number 17.

March 1965: Hovering US Army helicopters pour machine gun fire into the tree line to cover the advance of South Vietnamese ground troops in an attack on a Viet Cong camp 18 miles north of Tay Ninh, near the Cambodian border
Those aren't gunships as thick as flies at a watermelon cutting in July. They are Huey slicks used for transport and insertions who look to have just off loaded their passengers. The side door gunners have M60 machine guns but all those choppers are doing is getting the hell out of there after inserting the troops you see moving around. And... if there was much fire...those guys moving around wouldn't be standing up and they wouldn't have their weapons under their arms or slung over their shoulder.

This photo crops up all the time in various places. If there is a fee every time it's used the photographer must have gotten rich.