Dec 7th, 1941................

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Dec 7th, 1941................

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:51 pm

Today is Pearl Harbor Day, the day that will always be known as "the day of infamy" to those in the US. Over 2000 Americans died that day and we should never forget that or let it happen again.

I was stationed at Schofield Brks. in '69-''70 so my wife and I went to the Arizona Memorial on Dec 7th 1969, (our first wedding anniversary) and it was a trip we will never forget. We dropped flowers in the water and you could see part of the ship underwater and the tiny oil bubbles floating to the surface. And the names of all the men that died on that ship.

Today is our 37th anniversary, but the first one is the one we still talk about the most and is one of our best memories.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Congrats Vern

Post by Niner » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:13 pm

Thirty seven years is a long time. My wife and have one coming up this month too.... thirty five years. I think it's the 18th... I have to go look it up every year about this time so I don't forget. :lol: