HOME SERVICE FORCE

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

HOME SERVICE FORCE

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:58 am

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/ ... IC-WEB.jpg[/pic]

13 Platoon. H(HSF)Coy 3rd Btn Yorkshire Volunteers later 3rd/4th Btn Yorkshire Volunters then Defence Platoon 3rd Btn The Duke of Wellington's Regt (West Riding)(Yorkshire Volunteers)

I am the Platoon Sergeant sitting behind the'H'

The Home Service Force was raised in 1985 from people who had served for at least 2 years with either Regular or TA units and included Army,Navy,RAF and MOD Police. I had previously served in the RoyaL Naval Reserve (Z005835 RO2(T))

It was tasked with taking over static defence at key points in the UK only, thus allowing TA units to be released for integration with the Regular Army in times of threat.

We were very good at our job and very cost effective but after the 'Cold War' thawed the bastards in government decided to axe us. Bet they wish we were still there.

The 9 best years of my life!

Duncan

p.s. I just had 4 of my old buddies over for a weeks 'Exercise', staying in our gîte. What a GREAT time we had.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
andyj34@yahoo.co.uk

Post by andyj34@yahoo.co.uk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:18 pm

whatever happened to your gold chain, mark?:)