Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks any more!

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks any more!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:04 pm

I just got this in from a friend and thought it should be aired.

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

You can discard this and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll be there again when our troops deploy once more.

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS. ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!!!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Not so, Duncan

Post by Niner » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm

Niner Delta is our resident expert on bogus passed around email stories, but I knew about this one.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:59 am

Who dug that one up again? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.