Vietnam and a rice fund

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

Niner
Site Admin

Vietnam and a rice fund

Post by Niner » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Vietnam is having a hard time in the world today too. Seems rice isn't worth much...unless you want to eat it and can't afford to buy it. And therein is a story.

A guy at my other site, friend and brother in arms to Niner Delta, married late in life a Vietnamese woman that he had known long years ago in a village called Vinh Kim. Long story, but the villagers of Vinh Kim are in a fix. This former plt. Sgt. Delta 6/31st, 9th Division, and his wife decided to do something. He got some help from his old 3rd platoon .....and a few others.....and raised over $4000 for rice. At $30 per hundred pounds of rice that feeds a village for a while.

Today this old Plt.Sgt. sent me some photos of the people that were helped.

Delta Company , 3rd platoon, 6/31st were real infantry who fought and suffered many losses during their time in Vietnam, yet those that remain have a heart that speaks well of them. This is a story that will never make any newspaper or be on any tv station but it tells you something about some of the veterans of Vietnam even so.

Just look at the photos. Hit the slideshow button.

Note: that relatively nice looking pink house was built by my, and Niner Delta's, Delta Company friend for the woman he now is married to some years before he married her and it is lived in by her family now.

http://6thofthe31st.com/gallery/Barbara
Last edited by Niner on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:54 am

Thank's for that Robert. Re-kindles your faith in mankind!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.