I met a real American Hero this weekend

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

Candyman
Contributing Member

I met a real American Hero this weekend

Post by Candyman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 am

This weekend I took my boys to Battleship Park down in Mobile, AL. to see the USS Alabama Battelship .
When we first walked into the gift shop I saw a rack with books. One cought my eye. The photo on the cover was from the Bataan Death March. The title of the Book was Hell's Guest.
Little did I know, that in a few min. I would be shaking the hand of the auther of the book, who was also one of the men that was in the photo on the cover.
As we looked around I saw an older gentalman sitting at a table with several mititary ribbons on his suit jacket. I walked over to him and we started to talk. He was very kind and easy spoken. He then pointed to one of the copies of Hell's Guest that was on the table and put his finger on the third figure from the left. He then said "That's me. I was only 17 at the time.
We talked for a little while like old friends. I bought a copy of his book and he autographed it for me.
The book is Hell's Guest and the Auther, Col. Glenn D. Frazier, a true American Hero.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: I met a real American Hero this weekend

Post by Niner » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:21 pm

At least you got your picture taken with him.

http://www.milsurpafterhours.com/bb/vie ... =30&t=7494