Veterans tribute

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

Niner
Site Admin

Veterans tribute

Post by Niner » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Take a look at this video. Just in time for Veterans Day. This was filmed in Iraq at a USO tour of a US Marine Base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5MtdIO23MKM
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Veterans tribute

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Certainly gets the boots stomping.......................................
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Veterans tribute

Post by Niner » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:37 pm

A guy I know who I served with in Vietnam, that I know and like as a friend, sent the link to me and a few others because it made him feel good about the miliary and America and he wanted to share it. I got to thinking about it after I posted it. Got to trying to remember how I felt about things back forty years ago. And I came to the conclusion that if something had happened like that in Vietnam and the infantry guys I knew were in the audience, I think more than a few of them would have probably felt like going up on that stage and grabbing that guy and beating the hell out of him for being so unaware of what serving in a war was about that he puts it on the level of an Army VS Navy football game.