RE-ENACTORS AT ROCHEFORT

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

RE-ENACTORS AT ROCHEFORT

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:06 pm

I just finished working on this for another forum competition and thought is would fit in here too :FRA:

Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: RE-ENACTORS AT ROCHEFORT

Post by Niner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Re-enactors at Blakeley. 146 years after the last "major" battle East of the Mississippi. Taken today. Some Yankee re-enactors, about half looking about as long in the tooth and unlikely to resemble the real thing as those European re-enactors in Duncan's photo.......except the one sixth from the left. He looks a couple of years too young.
Attachments
Yankee.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:48 am

One on the extreme right looks like a woman :shock:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 am

I think he was a boy of about 17 or 18...and really probably right for the period he attempts to portray. Now on the other hand...take a look at the rebel to the right in this added photo.

Haven't you ever heard of Joan of Arc? It's all fine with me. After all, these are only people enjoying their lives in a way that makes them happy. Seeing them kinda makes me wish I were doing it....only I'd have to be a colonel or something....because that is the way I'd want to imagine and play it. Of course I'd be more true to nature as a private in the rear ranks. And of course I'd be older by twice the age of most actual colonels on both sides in the actual conflict.....which in the world of imagination , and re-enacting, obviously would make no difference. :rebel:
Attachments
Woman.jpg