WHAT AN UTTER DISGRACE.............

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

WHAT AN UTTER DISGRACE.............

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:00 pm

..........They should be taken out and shot, the f***ing lot of them. Arab Spring my arse!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... eroes.html
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Re: WHAT AN UTTER DISGRACE.............

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:40 am

It's only took a week to be reported by the Brit TV media though i believe there was an article in the The Telegraph early last week.

Joe
Niner
Site Admin

Re: WHAT AN UTTER DISGRACE.............

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:26 pm

I think it underscores the continuously growing "Us" against " the Moslem's"political turn in the world. The perpetual war.... embarked upon by Bush and continued by Obama in the wake of 9/11 grows and prospers. Who is doing this act of vandalism to the graves is unclear....but the effect on those in Britain and the US that see it will be more fuel for the Moslem hate war.

Read this today about , yesterday, Obama sucking up to the US's favorite foreign state and adopted stepchild, Israel, which is ready to start a war right now with Iran and came looking for Obama to jump right in with them. ( Funny how Israel is considered safe to have atomic weapons but Iran isn't.) And today the Republican's will be paying equal homage I'd expect. Obama says he will torture them some more with sanctions and then attack.....screw the Constitution and declarations of war and such things.
President Obama yesterday joined virtually every U.S. political leader in both parties in making the obligatory, annual pilgrimage and oath-taking to AIPAC: a bizarre ritual if you think about it. During his speech, he repeatedly emphasized that he “has Israel’s back,” rightfully noting that his actions in office prove this (“At every crucial juncture – at every fork in the road – we have been there for Israel. Every single time”). One of his goals was commendable — to persuade the Israelis not to attack Iran right now – but in order to accomplish that, he definitively vowed, as McClatchy put it, that “he’d call for military action to prevent Iran from securing a nuclear weapon.” In other words, he categorically committed the U.S. to an offensive military attack on Iran in order to prevent that country from acquiring a nuclear weapon; as AP put it: “President Barack Obama said Sunday the United States will not hesitate to attack Iran with military force to prevent it from acquiring a nuclear weapon.”
Glenn Greenwald

http://www.salon.com/writer/glenn_greenwald/