RAF Cadets

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

RAF Cadets

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 pm

From the Arizona CAF web site........

"RAF Cadet Memorial - Sunday, November 11th at 10:30AM

On Sunday, November 11th the Commemorative Air Force Arizona Wing will conduct a memorial service for 23 British Cadets who died during WW II while training at #4 British Flying Training School (today's Falcon Field) in Mesa. The service, which has been conducted for more than 30 years, will be held at 10:30 a.m. in the Mesa Cemetery located at 1212 N. Center Street, Mesa, AZ. The British Plot is located approximately in the center of the cemetery. Representatives of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Royal Air Force, the Daughters of the British Empire, the New Caledonian Pipe Band and numerous dignitaries from both the City of Mesa and the British government will be present."

The photo is an advertisement from the Arizona Auto Club magazine.

I have been to the British Plot at the Mesa Cemetery and it is the nicest part of the cemetery, with green grass and a very nice memorial with plaques. And there is another memorial area at Falcon Field.
I'm impressed that the folks in Mesa still take such good care of those RAF cadets.

Vern.
Attachments
RAF Cadets.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: RAF Cadets

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:22 am

It is nice to know that others still appreciate the sacrifice that was made for today's freedoms.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.