Any flight simulator fans?

This forum is to discuss aircraft and vessels, military or otherwise.

Moderators: Niner Delta, joseyclosey

plantfoam
Contributing Member

Any flight simulator fans?

Post by plantfoam » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:08 am

Latley, I've been tooling around with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, and decided to take some screen shots for aviation buffs among us :) I'm working on installing some warbirds into the program, to make it a little more interesting.

I'm currently on the adventure flying a Lear 45 around the globe :cool: Here are some pics of my latest leg, from Lajes AB to Lisbon Portugal....
plantfoam
Contributing Member

Post by plantfoam » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:16 am

Rats! I got the pics backwards, and they are kinda fuzzy. Oh well, something to work on for next time:) I probably need to crop more....

Phil
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:25 am

i used to be on the microsoft combat flight simulator phil, good fun. i just dont have the time spend on it lately. mine was one of the early programmes, yours looks a lot more sophisticated. they are very addictive, arent they!

joe
plantfoam
Contributing Member

Post by plantfoam » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:44 pm

I don't really have the time as well.....As soon as a get to cruise altitude, I set the autopilot, and set the simulation rate to 8x :D

In this latest version, you can download a weather snapshot of current conditions in the real world, which makes things interesting. I didn't know that there was a tropical depression building in my way.....so that made things a little bumpy :eek:

Phil
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:55 pm

I used to be into flight sims more than now, have 14 of them. And like Joe, flew online against other people online, and it is a lot of fun and addictive. :roll:

There doesn't seem to be any new ones released lately, just a lot of add-ons for the ones we have. And my joystick is still in a box in the garage... somewhere. :(

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.