SPRING SHOOTING CONTEST DETAILS

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

SPRING SHOOTING CONTEST DETAILS

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Having analysed the suggestions made by Dave 101, Joseyclosey, Blackisler, ArchFluffy and Niner here are the details.

The contest is open to all members of MAH, including new ones who have written a minimum of 2 posts in the Shooting Related Forums. (Humorous, Shooting the Breeze and other General Forums do not qualify for entry rights.

There will be 2 separate contests to be shot between the 10th February 2014 and Midnight British Summer Time on July 31st 2014.

Contest 1, at 25mtrs / yards will be Black Powder only - Pistol or Rifle, any calibre, any shooting position, Iron Sights only. There will be 4 targets, 5 rounds per target - total 20 rounds. The prize for first place will be a Tankard donated by blackisler. There will be a runners up prize of 4 copies of Muzzle Blasts Magazine donated by Niner.

Contest 2, at 50mtrs / yards will be for Milsurp Rifles only. This includes official training rifles in .22LR. Any sights, any shooting position. There will be 4 targets, 5 rounds per target - total 20 rounds. The prize for this contest will be The Big Book of Surplus Firearms Magazine Vols IV, V & VI donated by Niner.

Both contests will be marked using the .22 handicapping system devised for the last competition.

For those who enter both contests the total marks over the 40 rounds will decide the Big Winner.

The prize for the Big Winner is - a Week's Stay in my Self catering Gîte here in France ( Value £200 / $330 / €245 ). It is for 2 adults and is available for the Months of April or October in 2014 or 2015 or 2016 to give you a chance to plan. Also included is any help you may need to plan a holiday with us including visiting local Châteaux. The cost of getting here and any other expenses are for the winner to cover.

The winner can nominate a member of their immediate family (Sorry but no Children or Pets) to take the holiday if they wish but it cannot passed to friends or be sold on Ebay or anything similar .

You can visit our website at http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk for more details of the accommodation and the area.

Registration is necessary for all these contests. Send your registration by PM to Duncan. Blank targets will be e.mailed to registered contestants after 7th February and those who wish to enter for the BIG WINNER prize must return their entries to Duncan by post to qualify for the prize.

CONTEST PRIZES WILL ONLY BE AWARDED IF A MINIMUM OF 3 MEMBERS ENTER THE CONTESTS.

The decision of contest referee (Niner) is final in any disputed matters.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: SPRING SHOOTING CONTEST DETAILS

Post by Niner » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:47 pm

My small prizes.

If we get at least twenty entries in Contest No. 2 I'll substitute an engraved trophy for the prize and and add the Surplus rifle magazine to the prize for second place in Contest No. 1. If this doesn't happen the original offer remains as Duncan stated.
Attachments
DSC01777.jpg
ScanImage001.jpg
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Generous to a fault :loco: :loco: :loco:
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Dave 101
Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14

Post by Dave 101 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Sounds like a great contest with a fantastic number of prizes , I am in .

Dave
Dave 101

Post by Dave 101 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Would my AR15 Straight pull be OK for milsurp classification ? To be able to use it at 50 yds I will have to use [ develop ] a download to keep within the range MV limits .

Dave
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:07 pm

Dave...you own a milsurp don't you?

Duncan will have to tell you what he allows or doesn't. Just asking.
Dave 101

Post by Dave 101 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 am

Niner wrote:Dave...you own a milsurp don't you?

No , not exactly . My Enfield No4 is a 7.62 TR conversion so not a battle rifle , and my other rifle is a .22 Trainer BSA Long Lee probably pre WWI , so not much chance of using it at 50 yds as I would not be able to see a target well enough , as 95% of my shooting is on an indoor range at 25 yds which is closed at the moment I am a bit stuffed for choice of what to use and where .

Dave
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:46 am

Dave 101 wrote:
Niner wrote:Dave...you own a milsurp don't you?

No , not exactly . My Enfield No4 is a 7.62 TR conversion so not a battle rifle , and my other rifle is a .22 Trainer BSA Long Lee probably pre WWI , so not much chance of using it at 50 yds as I would not be able to see a target well enough , as 95% of my shooting is on an indoor range at 25 yds which is closed at the moment I am a bit stuffed for choice of what to use and where .

Dave
Dave, you are OK with the Enfield No4 7.62 TR conversion and I don't see why the .22 isn't able to drill holes at 50 yards! My Chinese scaled copy of the Mauser K98 shoots consistent 1" groups at 50 mtrs. :cool:
Duncan

Dave 101

Post by Dave 101 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:40 am

Thanks Duncan

I have some down loads for the 7.62 already sorted so that's what I will use then . .22s fine for 50yds its just my eyes with open sights not seeing the target to good .
I have just run a little .22 / 50 yds club competition this morning all for a bit of fun .

Dave
ArchFluffy

Cool!

Post by ArchFluffy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm

This sounds wonderful!

You guys are way to generous on the prizes though. :shock:

I'll see about getting some black powder supplies. :D

-ArchFluffy